Monday, June 28, 2010
Rants
So last week we finally had the time to take me in to get my military ID. I only worked a short day on Wednesday so it was relatively easy especially since Adam knew where he was going. The challenging part came on Friday when we were trying to get me signed up for benefits. First of all I really think the military should give you some kind of information or pamphlet about adding a spouse because no one really knows anything. They just tell you to go to Balboa to get signed up for Tricare, well Balboa is a big place, and tricare is a little office. Finally we were able to find the office, and it didn't take very long to sign up. Basically I just had to pick a doctor off of a list, which was a bit unsettling since there was no time to do research on the doc but oh well. They also gave me an envelope full of information which was helpful. I still have to sign up for dental, which I have to do online, but at least I will be able to see a doctor after August 10th. Oh and something that I did find funny was the fact that they asked me if I need prenatal information since apparently a lot of people do need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chris and I always joked that there was no possible way to get more than two things done in one military day. So if you need new car stickers, a new military ID, and to change doctors, you better pick the two most important because there is no way for all three to get done in one day. :) That being said, we had a great experience having Lily at Balboa and I really loved my OB/GYN. Her name is Dr. Celina Aluto so if you have a chance, choose her! She even came in at 2am on her day off to deliver Lily ... amazing! Glad to hear your transition from military girlfriend to wife is going well. :)
ReplyDelete