Sunday, August 1, 2010

Updates

Today was my second trip going to the commissary by myself. The first time I went I have to admit I was a bit freaked out but this time I was prepared. I did learn that I should never go to the commissary the Sunday after payday because it is so busy! Today is the start date of my benefits so this week I will be calling to make Dr. and Dentist appointments which will be good since I haven't been to either one in a couple years.

On the job front I have been applying everywhere since school got out a week and a half ago. I did have an interview last week for a Kindergarten class but I didn't get the job. I think they really needed an experience teacher. It was however good experience as far as interviews go. I really need to decide what my teaching philosophy is, which I think will come in time. The only thing to do now is push on and keep my fingers crossed for a job opportunity.

On another note, we have found a place to move into and will be moving in on the 20th. We are very excited to get out of El Cajon and move to a hill in Spring Valley. Our new place has a great view all the way to the city and it gets ocean breezes! It has two bedrooms, central AC and heat, a fireplace, a dishwasher and a garage, which is something Adam has always wanted. My only concern is that I'm not sure if it has enough kitchen storage but we will find out! I'll post pictures once we are all moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment