Well we are finally moved into our new place in Spring Valley. Of course San Diego decided to have a heat wave the weekend we were moving so that made it no fun! I'm so happy to be done with our old house, it was so dark and had so many problems with it. Our new place is bright, has great views and is in a more country setting which makes it nice. I can't wait to get a glider and sit out on the front porch with a cold drink in my hand!
There is still a lot of unpacking to do, we are working on it day by day but it is getting there. Of course there are the few odd things that I can't seem to locate like my phone charger and the little metal things that go in the bookshelf to hold the shelves up. We were missing the printer cable but found that today so I do have hope of finding the other things.
On the friend front I have started a San Diego Navy Wives Meet up group on facebook. It seems like a lot of wives are bored, lonely and don't have any friends, especially those of us with no children. I'm trying to set up some activity every week so that we can hang out and get to know one another. It should be interesting because our first meet up is on Saturday and I'm not sure if anyone will show up so we will see.
On the work front, school starts in about two weeks for the district that I have been working for the past two years. There is still a chance that I may get picked up for a classroom but we will see. Tutoring is also starting to come together so I will be subbing and tutoring for now. Fingers are still crossed for something more permanent even though if I did get a classroom I would be lost at how to set it up since I haven't thought about things like that for a couple years!
On the marriage front, Adam and I have been married for three months now, and it has not all been a honeymoon. I think moving is a stressful time for any relationship and arguing about how to do things is natural so I am glad we are almost settled in! I do remember when we fist moved into a place together that we got into an argument about where his boots would "live", it seems funny to think about it now, I guess we live and learn!
I didn't realize you had a blog :) yay! Thanks for the offer of help, I'll take your offer!
ReplyDeleteMoving is hard period, for anyone. We fought about it too.. it's just hard to do. No fun! Glad you got all settled in. Good luck with the classroom thing!